1. Bugatti-Veyron - With a price tag of $1,700,000, the Bugatti Veyron holds the distinction of being the most expensive car available on the market today. The Bugatti Veyron also claims the spot for the second fastest car in the world, right behind the SSC Ultimate Aero, with a top speed of 253 mph+. However, it is the fastest accelerating car and can go 0-60 in 2.6 seconds.
2. Lamborghini-Reventon - The Lamborghini Reventon retails for $1,600,000. This version of the Lamborghini packs a lot of power and is the company’s most expensive model. It can reach 60 mph in 3.3 seconds with a top speed of 211 mph. The car has a slick jet-inspired design and is rare: only 20 are manufactured each year.
3. McLaren-F1 - When the McLaren was first built in 1994, it held the distinction of being the most expensive car in the world. It has now dropped to third place with a price tag of $970,000. The McLaren F1 has a top speed of 240 mph and can hit 60 mph in 3.2 seconds.
4. Ferrari-Enzo - The Ferrari Enzo is the most popular and most known super car ever built. It retails for $670,000 and has a top speed of 217 mph. It can go from 0-60 in 3.4 seconds. There were only 400 units produced and the Ferrari Enzo often sells for $1,000,000 at auction.
5. Pagani-Zonda - The Pagani Zonda C12 F is produced by a small and independent company located in Italy where ten of these cars are manufactured per year. The Pagani Zonda C21 F retails for $667,321. It is the fifth fastest car in the world with a top speed of 215 mph+ and can go from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.
6. SSC-Ultimate-Aero - The SSC Ultimate Aero carries a price tag of $654,400 and can claim the title as the fastest car in the world. It has a top speed of 257 mph+ and is the fastest street legal car on the market. It can go from 0-60 in 2.7 seconds, just 0.1 behind the Bugatti Veyron.
1) 7. Saleen-S7-Twin-Turbo - The first American supercar, the Saleen S7 Twin Turbo can be had for $555,000. It has a top speed of 248 mph+ making it the third fastest car in the world. It can go from 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds. For those who wish to cruise American-style, this is the car for you.
8. Koenisgsegg-CCX - The Koenisgsegg CCX retails for $545,568. This Swedish made car is trying hard to claim the title of fastest car in the world and is currently the forth fastest with a top speed of 245 mph+. Look out SSC Ultimate Aero, you may soon be dethroned.
9. Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Roadster - This beautiful baby costs $495,000. The Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren Roadster is the fastest car with an automatic transmission in the world and is able to reach speeds of 206 mph+. It can hit sixty in 3.8 seconds. The powerful engine results in outstanding style and performances.
10. Porsche-Carrera-GT - The Porsche Carrera GT retails for $440,000. It is a supercar with dynamic stability control and a top speed of 205 mph+. It can reach 0 to sixty in 3.9 seconds. This car applied the calibers of a racing car that offers a truly unique driving experience and a great feeling on the road.